We love books here at Mummy's Munchkins HQ, especially children's literature. So keeping in line with our valentines theme, our next craft is a heart shaped bookmark.
This is incredibly simple to do yet very effective.
How to make the heart shaped bookmark
- First you need two different coloured pieces of card. We chose red and pink.
- Then you need to cut out 2 heart shapes - 1 out of each piece of card and one larger than the other.
- Put some glue on the top third of the smaller heart and stick it in the centre of the larger heart. A standard glue stick should do the trick.
- Once dry, your book mark is ready to use...
- Use scraps of stiff material you have lying around.
- Make a rectangular bookmark using the same principle as the heart shape.
- For the Easter period you could choose to make an egg shape.
- For the Christmas period you may choose to make a Christmas tree or holly leaf shape.
Whatever you decide to do and however you decide to do it the main thing is to enjoy the family time together. I would love to see pictures of your bookmarks so feel free to share over on our Mummy's Munchkins Facebook page.
We had a brilliant few hours doing this at home and I know you will too.