The children and I have decided to make our own heart collage cards for Valentines Day and wanted to share our ideas with you lovely lot.
Only three of my littluns joined in with this activity because my oldest son is far too cool to make a valentines card! Miss O is very arty so chose to make a pattern with tissue paper balls. Master A is a 'Cars' lover and used an old magazine he had to cut out pictures of the right colour and Miss P loves 'Peppa Pig', so did the same with one of her old magazines.
Here is how we made them along with some pictures of the finished heart collages.
To make these you will need:
- Coloured Card - We chose A5 but you can use any size you like
- Old magazines
- Tissue paper - Red, Pink and White
- PVA Glue
- Black Sharpie (optional)
- Rip up tissue paper into small strips and the screw up into little balls
- Cut out any small pink, red or white pictures from your chosen magazine.
1) Fold the card in half
2) Draw a heart shape in pencil on the front
3) Once happy with the size, shape and placement of the heart draw over it with the sharpie
4) Spread a thin layer of PVA glue onto the card within the heart shape
5) Stick on tissue paper (pack tightly together to avoid gaps) or use your pieces from your magazines
6) Leave to dry
And there has it your finished Heart Collage Cards.
We loved making these cards and will completed them by adding a little message inside for our Valentine. If you have a go at making these we would love to have your thought so please feel free to comment here on the post as well as share your pictures of your creations on our Facebook page.